Partnering to Put Sustainable Living at the Heart of our Communities
|Partnering to Put Sustainable Living at the Heart of our Communities
October 25, 2012
Two billion times a day, somebody, somewhere uses a Unilever brand. Our products—Lipton®, Hellmann's®, Ben & Jerry's®, Dove®, Suave® and many others—make small but important differences to the quality of people's everyday lives.
At Unilever, we believe in growing our business in a way that increases the positive social benefits of our brands and reduces our overall environmental impact. The Unilever Sustainable Living Plan is our roadmap to growth, and we've set three big goals to achieve by 2020:
- Help more than 1 billion people improve their health and well-being
- Halve the environmental impact of our products
- Source 100 percent of our agricultural raw materials sustainably
For your shoppers, a more sustainable product is often a more desirable product. More shoppers want to make the "right choice", but they don't always do so because the price is higher, they don't recognize the brands, and they don't trust the quality.
Unilever brands help shoppers because there is no price premium; our brands are known and trusted. They deliver the same quality consumers are used to and they give shoppers clear messages on sustainable living.
- Lipton® invites consumers to Drink Positive:
- 70 percent of the tea sourced for Lipton® in the US is Rainforest Alliance Certified and 100 percent will be by 2015.
- Lipton® innovations include Lipton® Tea & Honey, a mix sweetened with honey and made from real tea leaves and real fruit.
- Hellmann's® is Real, Simple Ingredients: oil, vinegar, and eggs. All Hellmann's® mayonnaises use 30 percent certified cage-free eggs with the goal of 100 percent cage-free eggs as supply becomes available.
- Ben & Jerry's® use of Fair Trade Certified vanilla, coffee, and cocoa is one of many actions Ben & Jerry's® is taking to fulfill its social mission to improve quality of life locally, nationally and internationally.
- The Dove® Movement for Self-Esteem has helped more than 4 million girls in the US improve their self-esteem through education programs as an expression of Dove's® Campaign for Real Beauty. Dove® aims to reach 8 million by 2015.
- Suave's® Turn-Off-the-Tap campaign is encouraging consumers to shorten their showers to save money on their water utility bills and save water too.
Like IGA, Unilever believes in making our communities and our world a better place to live. Together, we can help shoppers choose products that make sustainable living easy and affordable and to take small actions that can add up to make a big difference.