- Tom Haggai To Become IGA Chairman Emeritus Tom Haggai To Become IGA Chairman Emeritus
IGA today announced IGA Chairman Dr. Thomas S. Haggai will become
chairman emeritus of IGA effective April 1, 2016. IGA President and CEO Mark
Batenic becomes chairman of IGA on the same date.
- IGA Names J. Frank Grimes RecipientsIGA today announced three recipients were honored with the J. Frank Grimes Award during the IGA Business Session on Sunday, Feb. 28 at IGA WorldWide, the 90th Anniversary Celebration being held at the Mirage Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas Feb. 27 through March 1.
- IGA Names Four 2016 IGA International Retailers of the Year IGA Names Four 2016 IGA International Retailers of the Year
LAS VEGAS  (March 1, 2016)–IGA today announced four independent retailers from around the globe were named 2016 IGA International Retailers of the Year during the IGA 90 th  Anniversary Diamond Celebration on Monday, Feb. 29 at IGA
- Introducing Dogs on Deployment In addition to providing nutritious meals for our pets, Nestlé Purina prides itself on our partnerships in the pet welfare world and raising awareness for what pets truly need. One such partnership is Dogs on Deployment, a national non-profit which provides an online network for service members to search for volunteers who are willing to board their pets during their owner's service commitments.
- Using an ESOP to Build a Secure Retirement for IGA Business Owners As the owner of a privately held IGA business, your wealth and the source of a secure retirement for you and your family is directly related to the market value of your business and the cost and speed of realizing that value. Although there are other alternatives to realizing the full value of your business, one that you should consider as you plan for your retirement is to establish an Employee Stock Ownership Plan ("ESOP") and sell some part or all of your business to the ESOP.
- IGA and Health & Wellness in the News with Kim Kirchherr!If one were to ask a colleague, family member, or friend to define health and wellness, it's likely no two answers would be exactly the same. The elements in common could be said to be food and beverage choices, activity, and overall feeling. This is what I had on my mind as a dietitian as we prepared for our panel at The Health and Wellness Summit, Presented by Supermarket News at Expo East last week.
- Make IGA Days Count with Creative DisplaysWe're less than two weeks away from the kick-off of the 2015 IGA Days fall selling event. Preparation up to now has been working with your Licensed Distribution Center (LDC) to order the right mix of products, designing your ad layout, and getting your store associates up to speed on the big event—all extremely important steps.
- Congratulations to Pat Ptacek, WGA Community Service Award Winner!If you know Pat Ptacek, you know he has a way with words—especially on social media, a nickname for everyone, a great imagination that really gives him a leg up at retail, but most of all, he sure does have a heart of gold.
- Read Kim's Latest Blog: Make Meal Time Family Time!With the busy school year back in full swing, it can feel like there's no time for anything! But the good news is, with a little planning, there is time to make balanced choices to get us through the day with the nutrient rich foods we need. We all want to help our families (and ourselves) stay healthy, eat well, and work towards instilling great habits that can last a lifetime.
- Join the IGA Facebook Group TodayIn today's world, social media plays an increasingly critical role in the lives of our shoppers and our businesses. Consider, for example, that 50 percent of the world's population is under 30 and that 96 percent of millennials have a social media account.