- IGA Congratulates Rick and Anna Stewart!Last month IGA retailers Rick and Anna Stewart of Susanville, Calif.-based Susanville Supermarket IGA were presented C&S Wholesale Grocers West Coast Division 2014 IGA Retailer of the Year Award at the C&S Wholesale Grocers Food Show in Reno, Nevada.
- Bozzuto's Dream Ride Raises Over $1 Million for Special Olympics!IGA Licensed Distribution Center Bozzuto's, Inc., has an enduring history of supporting worthy causes, and none is more meaningful than the Dream Ride Experience for Special Olympics. There are too many reasons to count why I feel privileged to be chairman of IGA, but I have to admit, attending this annual motorcycle ride, classic car show and car cruise has always been a privilege that is close to my heart. This year's Dream Ride weekend was no different.
- Working Together to Build the IGA Independent CategoryMy story is kind of unique in that I was a businessman in England with no grocery experience when I came to the United States and made the decision to purchase my store.
- Big News and Bigger RewardsWith back-to-school
season in full swing and IGA's Fall into Savings Exclusive Brand event
just around the corner, there's never been a better time for IGA retailers to
promote the IGA Hometown Label Savers program.
- It's Time for IGA Family, Friends & Food!The last weekend of summer has come and gone, and you know what that means: It's time for IGA's Family, Friends and Food!
- 4th of July Sales Better than Fireworks!This past July IGA Performance Insights gave us yet another great opportunity to promote IGA Exclusive Brands, this time in conjunction with Red Oval partner Kraft Foods.
- The Best is Yet to Come at the 2015 IGA Global Rally Why do people come to the IGA Global Rally, and what do they look to take back home with them when they leave? These are questions we ask ourselves each year when we begin planning a Rally.
- ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: AcceptedThis August, Beverly, Mass. resident Pete Frates, along with his family and friends, helped launch the "Ice Bucket Challenge" to find a cure for the deadly disease. Pete, a 29-year-old former Division 1 college athlete with Boston College Baseball, has lived with ALS since 2012, and he has worked tirelessly with The ALS Association to spread awareness of the disease.
- A Stronger NRAB for a Strong BrandI've been a member of the NRAB for 12 years now, and in that time I've seen a lot of positive change in IGA. I joined just about the time that IGA had lost a major wholesaler and it threatened to really hurt the brand, but overtime the Chicago office has been able to rebuild that network and make it stronger than it ever was. And now, the Chicago team is also stronger than it's ever been, and so is our NRAB.
- Staying Competitive with Our IGA BrandWe have three IGA stores in West-central Ohio, all in rural communities about 12 miles apart. Our customer base is a growing and educated upper-to-middle class population, but we're just about 100 miles from Cincinnati, the Kroger home office, so we're pretty saturated with chain competition in this area. That means we have to work hard to stand out.