IGA retailers are keeping our stores safe for shoppers with additional safety measures, including:
- Closing self-serve stations such as salad, hot and coffee bars and converting into full-service stations when possible.
- Offering dedicated store hours for the elderly and immunocompromised to ensure they can safely shop the store.
- Installing sanitation stations throughout the store for shoppers and shopping carts. If that is not possible, having employees manage the process and sanitizing between each customer use.
- Posting reminders for staff and shoppers about proper hand washing protocol (see IGA available signage).
- Encouraging social distancing when in the store—for both shoppers and employees.
- Placing tape on the floor to keep customers adequately spaced in high-volume traffic areas such as checkout lines.