- Shopper Solutions
- Better Choices
- IGA Cares
- Become IGA
Three IGA LDCs were honored for their demonstration of true leadership and innovation in the advancement of the IGA Brands and its retailers at the 2019 IGA Awards of Excellence Brunch at the San Diego Air & Space Museum on February 24.
Bozzuto's has a more than 50-year legacy as an IGA LDC. The company had a number of significant contributions in support of IGA and our retailers in 2018, including:
• Strongly backing the IGA National Digital Ad, going above and beyond to provide feedback and ongoing support to help us to develop, fine tune, and then maintain the most effective programs and offers possible.
• Serving as a conduit between IGA and their retailers and encouraging those retailers to engage with their brand at a deeper level—like attending Town Hall meetings, supporting existing programs, and signing on as early adopters to new programs.
• Working directly with IGA to pilot the Local Equals Fresh brand position in all areas of the store, and serving as a resource for how other IGA retailers can bring it to life in their stores.
• Demonstrating the importance of training as a true market differentiator through ongoing support of the IGA Coca-Cola Institute and its upcoming Supermarket Management Class
• Supplying their retailers with more than 950 SKUs from the IGA Exclusive Brand line and offering insights on how to merchandise IGA products.
• and making a huge investment in cause marketing through their Hometown Proud Foundation, raising more than $10 million for Special Olympics and other worthy charities since the inception of the foundation in 2002.
Laurel Grocery Company
Laurel Grocery Company has a reputation for setting the pace for change at IGA by volunteering to test programs in their company stores prior to an IGA-wide launch. Their “let us go first” enthusiasm came shining through again in 2018, as they took leadership roles to pilot both the National Digital Ad and IGA’s Local Equals Fresh merchandising, going so far as to invite the IGA National Retailer Advisory Board to hold their fall meeting at a corporate store that had been fully branded with all of IGA’s initiatives. Their valuable feedback and insight into these and many other IGA programs have been instrumental in helping us build better retailer resources and a stronger, more visible brand.
MDI consistently advances IGA as their brand of choice for prospective retailers. In 2018 they had the largest increase in IGA store count among all IGA LDCs, continuing an upward trend of growth that shows a 61 percent increase in IGA store count over the last 10 years, from 92 stores in 2008 to 149 stores in 2018.