As consumers search for healthy snacking options during the COVID-19 pandemic, the snacking category continues to grow. With salty snack sales up 20 percent and ready-to-eat popcorn sales up 12.6 percent, Better For You salty snacks are the answer to your shoppers' cravings. Retailers stocking Better For You salty snacks are sure to see good results as well, with 2020 growth in the category projected to finish at $2.3 billion—up over 10 percent—according to IRI research provided by Red Oval Partner Amplify Snack Brands, the brand behind the popular SkinnyPop and Pirate's Booty snacks. See why these snacks are surging in the category and learn how to merchandise them with tips from Amplify Snack Brands.
- #1 share gain leader in 2019
- #1 most trusted popcorn brand
- #1 highest item productivity
- Highest repeat rate & loyalty in category
- Fastest growing Better For You salty snack brand
- 9.1 million new buyers in 2019
Why Pirate's Booty?
- Biggest baskets: Pirate's Booty shoppers bring largest baskets in Better For You puffs
- 79% kid requested, which is the highest kid requested Better For You brand
- 62% brand I trust rating, which is the second highest in Better For You kids' snacks
- #1 volume driver for Better For You puffs category in the last 5 years
- #1 velocity: fastest turning Better For You puff
- #1 in seasons: largest Better For You puff brand in seasonal snacking occasions
Capture the growing market for these Better for You salty snacks by stocking SkinnyPop and Pirate's Booty, which offer low ACV today and room to expand. Christopher Herbert, central region business manager at Amplify Snack Brands, recommends retailers merchandise these products within mainline Salty Snacks. "Place SkinnyPop adjacent to other Ready to Eat popcorn brands and Pirate's Booty adjacent to other puffs brands or next to Ready to Eat popcorn brands," Herbert says.
Place an order with your wholesaler to ensure you're carrying the top items from SkinnyPop and Pirate's Booty for your shoppers' Better For You salty snack cravings in 2021.