With more than 20 sessions on building management skills and exciting new locations bringing the class closer to home, the International Supermarket Management Class (ISMC) is better than ever. Check out the top five reasons to attend this multi-day, small group learning experience held by the IGA Coca-Cola Institute.
- Solutions for a better business. With topics ranging from retail strategy and store operations to merchandising, category insights, finance, retail trends, and best practices, virtually every aspect of supermarket performance will be explored—and you’ll head home with a host of creative ideas to improve your customer experience, your sales, and your bottom line.
- Your formula for becoming a better leader. From an assessment to identify your leadership style to strategies to help you develop your team, ISMC gives you the tools you need to hone your leadership skills and inspire your team to top performance.
- Learn from the best. This year’s class will be led by the largest group of facilitators ever assembled for an ISMC event. You’ll be learning how to take your business to the next level from the industry’s most respected subject matter experts and the winning retailers from IGA's Best Practice Awards.
- Team building at its finest. Spending a week with other members of your team in a creative and supportive environment with no work demands allows you to reflect on your business together and generate innovative solutions to meet the challenges you face. Take a look at what IGA National Retailer Advisory Board Chairman Kevin Young said about the importance of sending multiple team members to ISMC at a time.
- Location, location, location. New this year, the ISMC is offering two locations—one on the West Coast and one on the East Coast. Both locations will feature the same core content, but each will take advantage of the location as a backdrop for an optional day of immersive learning.
The West Coast class, sponsored by Red Oval Partner E&J Gallo, will be held September 15–20 at Louis M. Martini Winery in Napa, California. The optional fifth day will utilize the winery’s facilities and experts to take a deep dive into the wine category, with an emphasis on assortment, marketing, and merchandising.
The East Coast class, sponsored by Bozzuto’s Inc., will be held October 6—11 at the Comfort Suites in Southington, Connecticut. The optional fifth day will be dedicated to staff development using the Institute’s online training program. Ashley Spivey, Dean of Rouses U, will be sharing her journey through their implementation process.
The ISMC is open to all members of the independent supermarket industry, and both the West and East Coast classes are filling up quickly. Want more information? Click here to learn more, and here to register to attend.
No Comments Yet
Let us know what you think