Women Grocers of America (WGA) is launching an Executive Female Leader Network (EXFL), an exclusive forum and professional peer group for executive female leaders (directors and above) within the independent grocery industry.
Sponsored by WGA, the network intends to create a professional community of executive female leaders and support their continued, relevant development to allow them to achieve their fullest career potential and business growth.
EXFL provides the opportunity for women in retail, wholesale, supplier, manufacturer and vendor communities to meet in person, problem-solve, openly swap ideas/share experiences, and much more. This network will provide opportunity for both personal and professional growth.
EXFL will meet twice a year in person with opportunities for virtual touch points, breakout sessions, and networking opportunities throughout the year.
Members will be invited to attend two in-person meetings each year and are encouraged to participate in ongoing networking and idea exchange opportunities throughout the year.
Meetings may be held in conjunction with NGA events or as standalone meetings potentially at member or sponsor facilities. Meeting agendas will include both formal presentations by professional speakers and member presentations.
Members are encouraged to attend all in person sessions to take full advantage of the network. Members may be asked to give presentations to the group on current topics and participate in idea sharing of concepts that have worked well.
- Annual dues: $150 (invoiced annually by NGA)
- Meeting registration fee: $400 includes materials and most meals; attendees are responsible for their own travel and hotel expenses
Interested in applying to become part of the EXFL? Click here for the application.
The Inaugural Meeting
EXFL will kick off with an inaugural meeting in conjunction with the NGA Executive Conference in Washington, D.C. October 23-24, 2022.
The inaugural meeting will provide:
- Interactive leadership development workshop
- High level analysis of key trends affecting the industry
- Exclusive education and networking event for members only
- Purposeful networking to reinvigorate your personal network
Dare to Lead™ – A Courage Building Program for Leaders
Developed by renowned researcher and author Brené Brown, Dare to Lead™ is an empirically based courage-building program designed for the leaders of the future. The most significant finding from Brene’s ground- breaking research is that courage is a collection of four skill sets that are teachable, measurable, and observable. The Dare to Lead™ program focuses on developing these courage-building skills.
Participants of Dare to Lead™ trainings can expect to learn:
- Vulnerability is the foundational skillset of courage
- The critical role self-awareness plays in Daring Leadership
- Armor (not fear) is the greatest obstacle to Daring Leadership
- Four measurable, observable and teachable skillsets that result in courageous leadership
- To embrace Daring Leadership to show up fully in the workplace and relate in a way that calls others to greatness
Networking with Purpose: Evening Reception
Business Session with Member Presentations
- Consumer Trends
- Health & Wellness
- Future of Digital Commerce
- Inflation & The Grocery Industry
- Panel Featuring Insights from Industry Female CEOs and Presidents
Click the button to download the application to join EXFL.
No Comments Yet
Let us know what you think