Preparation time: 30 min
Resting time: 2 hours min
Cooking time: 8 to 10 min
Yeild10 filled cookies
3 hard-boiled egg yolks, cooled
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup starch (potato or corn)
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 vanilla pod or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup soft butter, cubed
Pinch of salt
2/3 cup Nutella® hazelnut spread
- Sift egg yolks into small bowl. In separate bowl, sift together flour, starch and confectioners’ sugar.
- Mix together butter, egg yolks, flour mixture, vanilla seeds or extract and salt until combined (do not overwork mixture).
- Cut dough in half; roll out each half onto parchment paper into 1/4-inch thickness. Cover dough and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 8 hours.
- Using 3-inch round cookie cutter, cut out 20 rounds from dough. Using Christmas-shaped cookie cutters, cut out shapes from half of the rounds. Bake in 350°F oven on baking sheets lined with parchment paper on middle rack for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly golden. Let cool on racks.
- Fill pastry bag with Nutella® hazelnut spread and pipe onto cookies without cutouts; top with cutout cookies, pressing gently to allow Nutella® hazelnut spread to flow out of cutouts slightly.