2 Medium Carrots
1 Bunch of small radishes (or substitute with beetroot)
½ cup (125 ml) Golden Raisins
½ cup (125 ml) Chopped fresh parsley
½ cup (125 ml) Chopped fresh mint
¼ cup (50 ml) Cider vinegar
2 tbsp (30 mL) Honey
1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon Mustard
¾ cup (175ml) Extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp (30 mL) Sesame seeds, toasted
Salt and pepper to taste
- Quarter apples; remove core and thinly slice. Set aside in large bowl.
- Peel carrots and cut into matchstick pieces. Add to apples.
- Slice radishes and cut into thin strips. Add to apples.
- Gently toss with raisins, parsley and mint.
- In small bowl whisk together, vinegar, honey, Dijon, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in oil.
- Just before serving, toss salad with dressing and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
*Tip – Add tofu to make a full meal!