Yields: 4-6 servings
1 cup Basmati rice
2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
1 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
1-2 green onions, chopped (white & green parts)
½ red onion, very thinly sliced
1 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded & cut into small pieces
Crumbled feta cheese
3 Tbl lemon juice (freshly squeezed is best)
1 Tbl red wine vinegar
¼ tsp dried oregano
1 garlic clove, very finely minced
½ tsp salt
pinch black pepper
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, garlic, salt & pepper together. Gradually add the olive oil whisking to combine. Set aside.
- Rinse rice in a strainer under cold water until the water runs clear.
- Combine the rice with 2 cups of water and a ½ teaspoon of salt in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil, then cover & simmer for 15 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat, fluff rice with a fork then transfer to a large mixing bowl to cool down.
- When the rice has cooled enough add the tomatoes, olives, onions and cucumber to the rice. Mix well. Then drizzle the vinaigrette over. Toss well and refrigerate for a least a few hours before serving.
- Top with feta cheese.
No Comments Yet
Let us know what you think