*This article was updated on November 22, 2020 to reflect the latest IGA resources and CDC guidance.
With 6,000 grocery stores throughout the world and over 1,100 in the U.S., IGA is a global company and community. That has never been more evident than now as the latest world health crisis spreads across the globe.
As you may know, the IGA China headquarters is located in Wuhan, the point of origin for the COVID-19 Novel Coronavirus. Between our office there and the 1,000 IGA stores throughout China, no retail organization in the world has more insider knowledge about what it's like to face a Coronavirus outbreak.
To help IGA retailers and wholesalers stay informed about the virus and its impact on independent retailers, we have launched IGA ALERT, an online crisis resource center that will continue to grow as additional information becomes available. Using insights from our Wuhan IGA China office and the IGA Coca-Cola Institute, industry partners like FMI and NGA, and manufacturers—as well as the latest information from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC)—we will continue to provide updated resources to aid retailers in preparation for the likely progression of the virus within the U.S. and other countries.
Today we launch www.IGAALERT.com with a number of resources to help you navigate this constantly-changing situation:
- A message from IGA CEO John Ross about the COVID-19 outbreak and its expected impact on IGA retailers.
- Messages and insights from IGA China, including action steps for the early stages of disease spread.
- Crisis training courses from the IGA Coca-Cola Institute on food safety, sanitation, crisis preparedness, and more.
- Realtime updates from the CDC on the virus, including symptoms, global and U.S. cases, how to prepare, and more.
- Resources from NGA, FMI, and others to help retailers, wholesalers, and suppliers prepare for a pandemic.
- Signage for IGA stores to educate and guide shoppers.
Visit IGAALERT.com for frequently updated information related to the COVID-19 outbreak, and stay tuned to The IGA Minute for weekly insights about the impact the virus is having on the IGA family.
No Comments Yet
Let us know what you think