10 oz. dry Penne Pasta
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 medium red onion, sliced
1 large carrot, peeled and sliced thin
2 cups broccoli florets, chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, sliced thin
1 medium yellow squash, chopped
1 medium zucchini, chopped
3 - 4 cloves garlic cloves, minced
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved through the length
2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
1/2 cup pasta water
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup shredded parmesan,* divided
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook penne pasta in salted water according to package directions, reserve 1/2 cup pasta water before draining.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add red onion and carrot and sauté 2 minutes until soft
- Add broccoli and bell pepper then sauté 2 minutes until soft
- Add squash and zucchini then sauté 2 - 3 minutes or until veggies have nearly softened.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, and Italian seasoning and sauté 2 minutes longer.
- Pour veggies into a serving bowl and add drained pasta, a drizzle of lemon juice, salt as needed and pasta water to loosen as desired.
- Add with 1/4 cup parmesan and parsley and garnish with remaining parmesan on top.
No Comments Yet
Let us know what you think