Convenience without compromise. It's the balance we're all hoping to strike when it comes to getting a meal on the table that is nutritious and delicious—without requiring more time than we have to give. Enter Idahoan, the go-to source for delicious and nutritious mashed potatoes without all the wait and work. We've got the inside scoop on what makes these fresh-dried potatoes a great option for busy home chefs, especially during the busy holiday season.
For starters, Idahoan uses 100 percent real Idaho potatoes from local growers, and then they wash, peel, boil, and mash them just like you would at home. After cooking each batch, they simply fresh-dry the mashed potatoes so they’re ready for you to prepare at home. The fresh-drying process means that the work is done and you get to enjoy Idahoan’s mashed potatoes in less than five minutes!
So whether you're looking for a quick mealtime solution, or you're planning a stress-free Thanksgiving dinner, check out this recipe using the ultimate shortcut: Idahoan potatoes!
Mashed Potato-Topped Green Bean Casserole
- 1 4-oz package Idahoan Buttery Mashed Flavored Mashed Potatoes, prepared
- 1 10¾ ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- ¾ cup milk
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cans green beans, drained, or two 9 ounce packages frozen green beans, thawed
- 1⅓ cup French’s French Fried Onions, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix soup and milk, then add pepper and green beans.
- Stir in ⅔ cup French fried onions. Pour into a 1 ½ quart casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until hot.
- Remove from oven and stir casserole. Top with prepared mashed potatoes.
- Adjust oven to broil. Toast potatoes under broiler until lightly brown, about 2 minutes.
- Top with remaining French fried onions and serve.