How do independent grocers even the playing field in a highly competitive, always-evolving retail environment? They use their independence to their advantage, moving at a rapid pace to create and test innovative, localized solutions to the challenges they face.
The solutions that succeed become tried and true ideas that set the store apart, drive customer loyalty, and ultimately, increase sales. With IGA's Best Practices Library, we aim to capture those solutions so all retailers can implement the Best Practices that make sense for their stores.
The IGA Best Practices Library has over 75 best practices from IGA retailers around the world, presented in a simple, step-by-step format that makes it easy for other retailers to adapt and implement in their stores. And now, IGA is asking for your help to honor the best of the best with our 2020 Best Practice Awards at the IGA Global Rally.
IGA has handpicked 10 IGA Best Practices for their creativity, ability to save money and/or increase sales, and adaptability by fellow retailers.
2020 IGA Best Practice Finalists
- Local Produce Sourcing Results in Fresher Product and 40% Gross Profits | Lake Country IGA, Kevin Kothlow
- Ditch Money Losers and Free Shelf Space for Profitable Lines | Northampton IGA Plus Liquor, John, Maree, Richard, and Kerry Hasleby
- App Drives Employee Connection and Satisfaction | Adams Hometown Market, Cassidy Spencer
- Store-made Facebook Videos Generate Awareness, Sales, and Fans | Sprankle's Neighborhood Market, Ryan Sprankle
- Welcome Bags Drive 5% Coupon Redemption | Geissler's Supermarket, Nilsson Family
- Day-old Bread Becomes Value-added Product | Nemenz IGA, Judy Gabriele
- 2-day Motherlode Meat Sale Boosts Sales 362% | Super Bear & Foodland IGA, Mark Graham
- Vision Statement Gives Store a Mission & Inspires Staff | Red Bud IGA & Millstadt IGA, Craig Norrenberns
- Collaboration with Farmers Offers Value, Quality Control for IGA China | Guizhou Heli Supermarket Corp.
- Quality Social Media Keeps Shoppers Coming In | Spires Market, Sharlene Spires
Now it’s up to you and the rest of the industry to vote for the best! Vote here as many times as you want. Voting ends Tuesday, March 10 at 3:00 p.m. Central.
When all the votes are in, the top three will be announced at the IGA Global Rally Presentation of Retailer Awards on Tuesday, March 11 at 4:00 p.m. and each will take home a $1,000 cash prize for the store.
Want to know more about these IGA Best Practice finalists?
Join us at the IGA Global Rally for live presentations from each of our finalists!
No Comments Yet
Let us know what you think